Friday, May 15, 2009

what love is

What is love?, you may ask.

Some people might say that love is a feeling, but is not. You can't feel love for anyone, because what you're feeling is attraction, passion, tenderness, etc.

Other people might say that love is an emotion, but is not. Love can't be part of your system, because it's an invention, a concept, it isn't part of our blood.

I know someone who beleives love must be a disease.

Someone told me once that "God is love", and maybe he wasn't wrong at all. I mean, human beings are used to create Gods from things they can't understand, say life, love, etc.

I'll tell you what love is for me: a cheap word, a placebo, like God. It's a word we use to explain what we're feeling. It's a magic word that we use to open up souls, to make someone beleive in us, in our intentions.

It's sad that someone can be satisfied saying: "I love you".

It's my beleive that we must do something deeper in our hearts, to search carefully into our souls, and find those words, acts, or watever it is, to show up how we feel, what we want, what we think of someone.

Don't fall into the mediocrity of saying "I love you", find out what's really going on, and tell about it.

Know you and know your people. The day you manage to get it, real love will be as natural for you as it is breathing.

I might be wrong, because, at the end, I'm just a real fool, right?

.

No comments:

Post a Comment